Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Reading Moby-Dick

Having finished In Search of Lost Time, I'm reading Moby-Dick and leading a group through Melville's masterpiece beginning next month. I'll be posting occasional musings on the novel at UnpackingMyLibrary.

I hope to read Swann's Way again in 2009, and perhaps lead another group through Proust's first novel of the Search. Of the seven, it's my favorite and, I believe, the one novel that can give first-time readers of Proust a feeling for the texture of the entire Search.

Happy reading to all!

1 comment:

Tony Martin said...

We are a trans-Atlantic group who are determined to tackle Proust in 2010. The group will offer mutual support and encouragement and compare notes as we progress.Lots of questions occur to us. For instance what do the French think of their Lion and do they read him nowadays ? Can we all consult the same web site and post our thoughts as we progress?